Package handler jobs are the most popular work for gig workers. They give a lot of opportunities to work in a fast-paced environment. If you enjoy the packaging of the material. You can come for the job as a package handler. In this job, you do not see any bar of educational qualification or experience. But in package handler jobs require a skill set to packing. A lot of companies hire package handlers like Amazon, FedEx, Blue Dart, Amway, and Example co., etc.
Package Handlers Duties
To understand the duties in the package handler jobs let see these points:
- You work to seal, package, assemble and load packages to the correct trucks.
- You will read and understand all the guidelines related to assembling.
- You should obey the rules and regulations in the workspace.
- You are physically able to handle weight up to 75 lbs.
- You have to learn the operation of the scanner, as you need to scan and track the information of packages and take receipts.
- You sort all the packages and reach a particular destination.
- You are comfortable handling and driving in various tools which are used for processing and lifting.
- You have interaction experience with the clients to meet their requirements.
Package Handler Essentials
If you are ready to join the team of package handlers near you:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Should have a valid driving license of the USA authorized.
- You must have at least more than one year of professional handling experience.
- You should be physically and mentally fit to take up a load of at least 75 lbs without any accommodation.
- You must have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of package handling tools and equipment is necessary for you.
- You communicate with colleagues and clients fluently.
- You are able to work in a stringent environment and meet deadlines.
There are the following alternative careers for Package Handlers:
1. Warehouse Worker
Warehouse workers perform various functions in the organization from managing to distribute. You work as a warehouse worker there and you can enjoy the work of package handling. How can we be happy to do package handler jobs? Because you work in a diverse environment with the different roles you play there. This is your accountability to work efficiently and effectively in a time limitation.
The most lucrative part is the salary which is $33,841. The data come out from the various 18,243 salaries across the respective states of the USA. The average salary is $15.38 per hour in the USA.
The rudimentary criteria for the warehouse job:
- Your age should be more than 21 years old.
- You are eligible to take a load of more than 70 lbs.
- You have a strong desire to work in a harsh environment.
- You complete the work within the deadlines.
Sometimes you should partake to solve the problem of clients. It implies that technical and better cognitive abilities are a must for these jobs.
2. Material Handlers
Material handlers work in various centers in the manufacturing industries. These centers are distribution, processing, and light operation. The knowledge of some tools is necessary to become a material handler.
Basic needs for becoming one of the material handlers:
- You should require a high vision to judge the products.
- You have strategic and critical thinking.
- You are able to operate tools like forklifts.
- Your physique should be good or fit.
A high amount of salary becomes a turning point to come in the material handlers’ jobs. The average salary of material handlers is $30,850. Thus, these jobs are regarded as one of the best package handler’s jobs in Phoenix AZ.
3. Delivery Driving Partner
Delivery driving partner is involved in the delivery of the product from one location to another location. Apart from that, he assists in managing, organizing the orders. Owing to the high responsibility for various works, he is eligible to earn a lot of money.
Some salient features to become a delivery driving partner:
- You have consistent access to any of the vehicles like cars, and bikes.
- Your stay can be nearly due to you having to work stretching hours late at night.
- You should have driving experience with any of the commercial entities.
- You may be capable of being involved in several activities simultaneously.
- You have the basic knowledge of packaging, maintaining the products in the warehouse.
- You had better interaction abilities and skillsets to talk with the clients.
Delivery driver-partner draws an awesome salary that is $40,250 per annum. Besides, you can earn other monetary rewards like tips and promotions. The biggest advantage is that these jobs are known as package handlers jobs near you. Why? It is available to you early.
4. Ramp Handler
The ramp handler is the package handler who is responsible for loading or unloading the luggage in the aircraft. The average salary of a ramp handler in the USA is $32,118. It is regarded as a highly lucrative package of handler’s jobs near you in which you gain high respect.
Responsibilities of Ramp Handlers
- You will be involved in safely lifting and transporting the aircraft baggage from the aircraft to the airport.
- You stand at the gate position for checking incoming and outgoing materials.
- You protect the baggage and luggage of the aircraft from damage or loss.
- You assist in the documentation of the list of the luggage from every checkpoint.
- You are able to hold on to safety guidelines for passengers to protect you and yourself.
Qualifications for Ramp Handler
- Must be a high school pass or equivalent.
- You should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have excellent verbal knowledge.
- You should be able to prioritize changes and adapt to management changes.
From the above paragraph, we can say that package handlers are a boon for the gig workers. Those who do not have high educational qualifications can easily apply for package handler jobs. These jobs do not offer to earn prospects to gig workers but also help them to achieve a desirable income to survive.