Financial modeling is one of the most in-demand skills in the finance industry, as it helps businesses in a variety of ways like evaluating projects and performance of the company and so on. If you are working or wish to work in the finance industry financial modeling certification is a good add-on to your CV, as it can help you stand out from the crowd. There are many financial modeling courses in the market and not all of them are worth your time and money, so here is the list of the top 5 best financial modeling courses and certifications.
Financial modeling is used in organizations to estimate future returns and to create realistic scenarios, that play an important role in decision-making. In layman’s terms, financial modeling can be understood as a process of assembling a summary of earnings and returns to forecast the result of future projects in numeric terms, typically produce on the excel sheet.
Financial models are tools that allow businesses to attain a thorough understanding of all important aspect that is important for financial forecasting. Financial models are extensively used by executives and analysts to estimate the future impact of events and decisions in numbers. Discounted cash flow models, budget models, option pricing models, and three statement models are a few types of financial models used by businesses.
Advantages of financial modeling
For effective decision-making, several organization depends on financial models, here are a few advantages of financial modeling:
- Financial models are used to get an in-depth understanding of business. Via financial models, one can get a complete understanding of how business functions and what factors can affect its functioning. Financial models are also used to estimate the impact of various events and decisions on the business.
- Financial models are used by organizations for a performance review to get an understanding of various ongoing projects. To get an understanding of how business is performing, analysts do variance analysis in which, they compare the real result of business against the decided budget. The performance review is done periodically to get feedback on the projects. This feedback helps businesses to carry out adjustments in their plans and actions so that the overall profits of the organization can be increased.
- Financial models help in understanding the fund requirement of a project or an organization at large. It provides an estimate for the expected inflow and outflow of the cash, by which businesses get to know about the fund it would require to run their general affairs and various other projects.
- Another important use of financial modeling is that it helps businesses in estimating their worth, i.e. their valuation. This valuation is very useful for the company especially when they are making restricting the stakes in the company. To get a fair valuation of the company the analyst makes the financial model that determines the expected cash flow in the business at a particular point in time.
- Risk management is another activity in an organization for which financial modeling is used. Financial models summarize the financial impact of a certain decision or event in numbers, helping the company in taking the right decision and ultimately minimizing the overall risk involved.
- Financial models can be used to generate an instant output of financial decisions in numbers. As most projects, decisions and events take months or even years to unfold their impact (that is, profit or loss) on an organization, but with the help of financial models, a business can estimate them approximately and take appropriate decisions to gain maximum profit.
- Financial models help businesses in building a more accurate budget for a project based on the forecast of the basis of data available. Not following any budget or strategy is one big bad idea as it can be harmful to the business, so they use financial models to structure their activities via forecasting the results of events and decisions.
- Overall, financial models help businesses grow. By suggesting the area capable of generating higher profits, and by providing a strategy to carry out their operation, this is mostly done by the cost-benefit analysis of an upcoming project.
Top 5 best financial modeling courses and certifications:
As mentioned above, there is an infinitive number of financial modeling courses and certifications out there, but only a few of them are worth it. Here is the list of institutes offering the top 5 best financial modeling courses and certifications:
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is one of the leading training providers for skill development courses. It provides extensive educational and training opportunities in several crucial subjects like content writing, technical writing, digital marketing, business accounting and taxation Courses, and of course financial modeling Courses.
The career-focused programs are provided by IIM SKILLS to meet the demand of the students, recent graduates, housewives looking to restart their careers, working professionals, and independent contractors, aka freelancers.
It offers one of the best financial modeling courses in India. It is a professional course is combines theory and practice and it is also an industry-relevant training program. Their curriculum for financial modeling courses is established via thorough research, to help students in upskilling.
It is one of the best courses in the market because of its advance and modern curriculum, which is constantly updated and changed to reflect the most recent trends in the industry. Additionally, a strong emphasis is placed on practical components rather than only traditional academic methods. Via practical training aka internship, students’ knowledge is strengthened as they get practical experience and it also refines their skills for the corporate world.
Working professionals can also enroll in IIM SKILLS’ financial modeling course as this course is quite flexible in terms of timetables. Once enrolled in the course you’ll get lifelong access to its LMS, or learning management system.
CFI, a Corporate financial institute, is another professional finance training institute offering financial modeling courses. It equips professionals with real market skills, so they can have a successful career ahead.
CFI offers top-notch financial modeling training via its outstanding mentors, creative courseware designs, and cutting-edge training. Their curriculum is designed by industry experts and its include all the necessary tools and strategy needed to become financial modeling expert. This comprehensive course also teaches students how to do accurate financial analysis with a strong emphasis on the practical part of the course.
They teach their student to develop excellent financial models, understand and prepare financial statements, analyze and forecast results based on past data, financial reports, and much more.
3. The Wall Street School
TWSS is also a well-known name in the industry for financial modeling courses and certifications. It is a very reputed institute in the field of finance, having trained more than 8000 students so far. Their program courseware is skillfully created for working professionals and students to teach them the necessary financial modeling skills requires to succeed in the corporate finance and investment banking industries. They also provide placement assistance to their students once the course is completed.
Finladder is an online educational institution that aims to educate people in the finance domain in India. They offer a variety of finance courses to students and professionals like financial modeling and valuation courses, financial risk management, basic to advance excel, etc.
If you are fresher then you can consider this course as they also provide guaranteed internships in their financial modeling and valuation course. Their financial modeling course comes with a free excel course along with that you’ll get access to the video library, practice questions, e-notes, and much more.
Internshala is a platform known for providing internships and training in various skills like financial modeling, digital marketing, etc. they offer financial modeling courses at very affordable prices and thousands of people have enrolled in the course so far. Their curriculum includes topics of excel, techniques related to financial decision making, financial statement analyses and valuation, etc. this financial modeling and valuation course is beginner’s friendly, and six weeks long. On completion of the course, you also get certification and placement assistance.
The above-mentioned institution provides the top 5 best financial modeling courses and certifications. This article includes all the details one need to know about financial modeling and its course and certification, its advantages for company and institutes offering them. Learning financial modeling is an excellent decision for anyone who wishes to work in the finance industry as it is one of the most sought-after skills, which also pays well.
A financial modeling certification from a reputed institute will increase your CV value and professional standing in the industry. It will also boost your chance of getting hired and promoted significantly as it is one excellent accomplishment to highlight to your potential employers. This article surely has reduced the number of options one has in terms of financial modeling courses, hope you’ll be able to choose the best as per your requirement.